Sunday, May 11, 2008

The "wei da" mamas

My sis and i have organised a gathering at my grandma's house today. We have Jane's Cake Station durian and chocolate cakes.
Durian cake not so fantastic...in fact, i think Goodwood Park is still the best, following by Emicakes. I shall attempt to make my own durian cake the next time round...dump in all the pure durian flesh.

The chocolate cake is not too bad...rich and not sweet. But some of my cousins don't like as they don't like the jelly-like texture. It's a bit like Awfully Chocolate. I guess they prefer the super dense and sweet kind. Coming back to mothers...I think all mothers are really very wei da. They give the best to their kids. Of course, our dads are wei da as well but i think the unconditional love provided by mums are much more than dads.

I have been very fortunate as my mum has been the one taking care of me since i was born. She was a full-time house maker till i was 23. She has been the one taking care of my meals, washing and ironing my clothes (actually till i got married). So she has spent a huge part of her life looking after me and my siblings. I seriously can't imagine that i have to do that as well if i have my kids next time.

No comments: