Sunday, July 8, 2007

Carrot Cake

I went to the Project Shop Cafe at Paragon yesterday. This was my first time there and after running through the menu, i decided to order a slice of carrot cake (which was one of my favourite dessert). The prices of their cakes were not shown on the menu but i thought it would cost at most S$7. To my surprise, it reflected $8.80 on my bill. I have never eaten a slice of carrot cake which cost so much. It does taste good but i don't think it warrants me to pay $10 (after service charge and GST) for just a slice. Perhaps it's telling me that it's time for me to bake my own carrot cake =D

I love the cinnamon taste and the lemon cheese frosting on the carrot cake. I guess i am just a cinnamon lover. I love cinnamon buns but it's difficult to find those soft cinnamon buns nowadays. I can only get them from Simply Bread, one of my favourite bakery. I remember there used to be a shop at Parco Bugis and Great World City which sells soft cinnamon buns but both have closed down already.

No comments: